yum pulling in 386 packages

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Sep 23 11:15:14 UTC 2007

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:48:32 +0100
David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> "it says to do"? I'm not quite sure of your meaning there -- I think
> you're really saying "yum is doing exactly what yum does". Which is
> true, but not really relevant.

Yum is doing what Fedora has asked for a multilib strategy all the way
up to Fedora 8.  No matter how much you bitch whine moan complain call
things bugs whatever doesn't change the fact that we have a current
strategy for multilib and yum is following that strategy.  When the
strategy changes, yum will change to.  If yum were acting out of spec
with that strategy then that would be a bug.  Please stop accusing
software of doing what the project is asking of it.

--
Jesse Keating