yum pulling in 386 packages

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Sep 23 19:28:34 UTC 2007

On Sunday 23 September 2007, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 07:15 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Yum is doing what Fedora has asked for a multilib strategy all the way
> > up to Fedora 8.
>
> That strategy is, quite simply, wrong. In all other cases we call an
> implementation of such a misguided strategy a 'bug'.

I tend to agree.  Is the strategy documented somewhere so one can educate
oneself and verify that this indeed is the desired behaviour that follows
from it?  I'm having hard time coming up with any arguments that would
support the way things currently work, but would be interested in finding out
if I've missed something.