Hardware check idea

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 23 22:16:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

I think that such an application would simply require too much manpower
(as you would have to keep tons of metadata up to date), although some
kind of wiki could help out.
The programming should be rather simple (you can readout hardware infos
on windows, don't you?) but the information management would be hell.

What I personally would prefer was a simple "Of course it runs with
linux/Yes, we provide GPLed drivers" Sticker on Pcs and Notebooks. *dream*