NetworkManager-0.7 can't make new wireless connection

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Sep 30 00:25:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 01:32:38PM -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> Also noticed that (now that I have a connection defined) it doesn't
> connect automatically when NM/nm-applet starts (e.g., when I log in).  I
> have to pull down the menu and select it.  My F7 machine NM-0.6.5
> connects to the most recently used WAP in range when it starts.

You can use gconf-editor to toggle the autoconnect flag for the connections,
once you've connected once. This seems to work.

(With the caveat that the whole thing is acting really flaky for me. Once
I connect to one network -- or even *try* to connect -- the network card
then loses the ability to scan for any networks or connect to other ones
until I reboot.)