Re: Kernel VMI (Virtual Machine Interface) in F7/F8?

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
Hi there...

It seems (noted in releasenotes) that F7 should have a VMI (Virtual Machine Interface) enabled kernel by default, but from what I can find in the .config files it doesn't... Do I need a special kernel (i.e. only the XEN kernel has VMI or something) or was it lost in a kernel update or...?

/Thomas

The page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F7ReleaseSummary mentions VMware's VMI. "This release includes the 2.6.21 based kernel which integrates Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) technology with Fedora's graphical virt-manager and command-line virsh tools. KVM provides a hardware accelerated virtualization solution, and users have a choice between KVM and Xen, along with Qemu, in this release. The kernel included in this release also has support for VMWare's VMI interface."

I do not find any other mention of VMI on the Wiki or in the release notes.

Robert 'Bob' Jensen
Fedora Unity Project
http://fedoraunity.org/
bob fedoraunity org