Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

David Mansfield fedora at dm.cobite.com
Tue Apr 1 13:35:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 17:58 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Selinux keeps proving me that it deserves to shut down. i
>         can't help
>         it that it blames me for playing flash animation, using a gif
>         animation in a local web folder or oven just installing
>         updates from
>         fedora itself..
>

> Actually you CAN help.. you CAN help by taking the hint i provided earlier and start talking to people through the test list so we can troubleshoot the specific messages you have been seeing..instead of doing what you are doing right now, which is failing to communicate with enough specificity for anyone to confirm or help track down so

Hey, to extend this 'you can help' thing, is it possible that a
smolt-like setroubleshoot logger could be installed which automatically
(after asking for permission of course) posts the denials to a database
so developers could see statistics, say, after a big batch of updates?

I think one thing that's frustrating is to have to open a bugzilla for
each and every one.  It's way too much work.  There needs to be a
specific way to address these 'bogus' denails and get the updated
policies in a streamlined manner, IMHO.

David