Re: very common kernel modules slow down the boot process

Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 10:21 +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
Harald Hoyer wrote:
4 seconds in nash. Thats a lot just for loading some modules to mount my root partition.

Btw, here is the chart: http://people.fedoraproject.org/~harald/bootchart-26.svg

This is a minimal set of services.

start_udev: 1s for MAKEDEV, 2.3s for udevtrigger and settle, including console_init, etc., looks ok
S80sendmail: does newaliases really have to last so long?
wpa supplicant: why is this started? I have no wireless card, nor one configured..

It hasn't been started by default since March 6, 2008.  Have you
upgraded your system, or is this a fresh install?

The wpa_supplicant init.d file does:

chkconfig:   - 23 88
Default-Start:

which should mean it's not on by default.

Dan

correct… seems to be started by NM / dbus according to the bootchart…