CUPs and Samsung ML2250 printer

Hi,

Not sure what the problem is here, so I'm open to suggestions.

When I print to my ML2250 (picked up and configured automatically by s-c-p and
hal), I have to hit the print button twice. Once doesn't cut it, but twice does.

Any ideas?

Supplemental bonus question...

If a print job goes wrong and I restart the printer, all I get is page after
page of either nothing or rubbish (random characters). Clearing the print jobs
via 127.0.0.1:631 and pulling the plug on the printer do nothing; it carries
on printing rubbish. The only way to reset things correctly is to restart the
machine.

Any ideas for this as well?

TTFN

Paul