bugzilla triage madness :-/

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Apr 4 17:13:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

>  As I've pointed out, commit access is restricted for many many many
>  packages.  And yes, where I could commit I've done that (albeit without
>  requesting a build but with a good comment), and I haven't had a single
>  maintainer yell at me. ;)

Thoughts:

* Create a group "janitors" in the FAS that has global commit access
* Anyone who's had a Fedora account (for example) > 6mo can request
janitor access
* The janitor access request is sent to the list of existing janitors
and voted on
* A janitor is only supposed to commit "cleanups", which is a fuzzy
definition but if
  for example you're patching the upstream source it's probably going too far

"Packaging Ninja Squad" might be a sexier name.