libsigc++20 2.2 rebuild issues

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Sun Apr 6 10:31:30 UTC 2008

Wart wrote:
> Denis Leroy wrote:
>> Wart wrote:

>>> [...]
>>> This depends on libsigc++20, which was upgraded from 2.0.x to 2.2.2,
>>> which broke backwards compatibility in some cases.  Did I miss an
>>> announcement of this somewhere?
>> Yes my apologies for this. libsigc++20 2.2 turned off support for the
>> deprecated 1.2 API, and that wasn't made very clear whth 2.2.0 came out.

An update on this. Here's the list of affected packages and
corresponding BZs :

sear		440772				CLOSED
seq24		434123(gcc43),440363(sigc)	OPEN
mysql-gui-tools	433987(gcc43),440734(sigc)	OPEN
plotmm		440563(sigc)			OPEN
workrave	440804(sigc)			CLOSED

I've submitted patches for the unresolved ones. They all compiled for me
on rawhide, except for mysql-gui-tools which compiles on F-8 but not on
F-9 because of some unexpected regexp compile failure (didn't pursue).