very common kernel modules slow down the boot process

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 22:43:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 04:36:06PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> recall.  Also selecting fewer packages helps, but you want fewer
> packages anyway.  For 128 it may get harder, I haven't tried that small
> in a while, but that's a far cry from < 512.

For 128 it blows up. I *have* tried it. Doing an upgrade from an old
release does work - I've tried that too (you'll need a chunk of swap).
Ditto the very small distros oriented around small boxes which I've also
tried and fiddled with for things like firewalls were Fedora is now a pain
to install and the wrong tool for the job anyway.

> Alan likes to drop little hate bombs on Fedora when his pet hardware
> doesn't work quite the way he thinks it should.  Regardless of the fact
> that he may be one of the few people on the planet using such hardware
> these days.  And often times he kicks the drama up a notch or two, just
> like in this posting.  His comments were inaccurate and really not
> helpful to the situation.

My comments were entirely accurate. I think you owe me an apology on list.
To complain about be being inaccurate when you haven't actually *tried*
the things and I have is most peculiar behaviour.

Either explain what the drama is in telling someone how to do the install
(and why telling people how to use Fedora on that box is a hate bomb), or
say sorry.

Alan