Re: xulrunner rendering issues ?

Le mardi 08 avril 2008 à 16:17 +0100, Matthew Garrett a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:31:53PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
> > And all this should be done at the kernel/Xorg level, with app writers
> > focusing on a way to share font size prefs (via xsettings, dbus or
> > whatever is the cool tech of the day), instead of second-guessing the
> > system (badly).
>
> In the case where xorg /does/ get it wrong (monitors without DDC, or
> with EDID blocks that are filled with lies), we still need a way to
> override that.

We need a way to tell X "you detected wrong, here is the correct display
size" and leave all other things equal. That's all. That and kill all
the app or desktop-level overrides that prevent the fixed DisplaySize
from propagating and war with each other to earn the right to ignore X
and do it "better".

--
Nicolas Mailhot