Plan for tomorrows (20080410) FESCO meeting

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:18:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 20:07 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Brian Pepple (bpepple at fedoraproject.org) said:
> >
> >> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> >> this mail and I'll add it to the schedule.  You can also propose topics
> >> in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.
> >>

> > I suppose we should discuss the status of the various 'enable by default
> > in beta and check for feedback' features, such as swfdec and PackageKit.
> >
> > Bill
> >

> I propose  #437828 will be considered as a permanent solution to the
> services "enabled by default"
> debate and implemented in  F10.

Propose it as a solution how?  I see several different opinions in that
bug, and no general consensus among it's commentors.

If you would like to actually draft a proposal and submit it to FESCo
via the normal process, we will gladly hear it and discuss it.  I
suggest you continue working your bug a bit longer before doing that
though.

> As I see it there are only 2 options for F9.
> Keeping the current service schema as is or enabled only
> system and network services necessary for functional system and network
> operation.

There is no option for F9.  It's in Final Freeze, so whatever exists
today is what's going to ship.

josh