bodhi/admin.fedoraproject.org usage question

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sat Apr 12 00:49:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 03:57:14PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> About a week 1/2 ago, I built a package using Koji, and used Bodhi to
> request a push to testing. It's there now.
>
> Now, I want to push the package to stable. I went back to my original
> update, and clicked the button/graphic to "push to stable". The individual
> update now shows "Requested: stable" as I expect:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-2853
>
> However, the list of pending updates for F8 doesn't include this update,
> even if I page through everything, or view all:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending
>
> Is this a bug in the pending view, or should I create a new update request
> to push the RPM to stable?

If your update has a 'request' set, then you're good to go.  The 'pending
updates' list only shows updates that are not testing or stable.
I can see how it would be useful to see testing updates that are queued
to hit stable in the pending list as well (releng can see this in a
different 'request queue'.  Feel free to open a ticket
(http://fedorahosted.org/bodhi) if you think the behavior should change,
and I'll see what I can do.

> Another question: This is a new package. When does bugzilla grow a new
> component for it; only when the package is stable? It's been in devel for
> a while now, and F7/F8 testing for a little over a week, but people still
> can't file bugs against unison213 or unison227, just the old package which
> was unison.

I'm told that bugzilla component creation is currently broken.  This is
normally done by a script run on a machine in Jeremy's cube, but it
needs to be moved off and fixed.

luke