Buildsys discussion on fedora-selinux-list

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 21:11:51 UTC 2008

The discussion doesn't exist, yet.

This email is an alert that I am going to start the discussion of
resolving the problems with SELinux on Fedora's buildsystem
tonight/tomorrow morning.

This discussion is going to happen on the fedora-selinux-list, and the
various rpm, yum, and SELinux people are going to be subscribed and
discussing there.  If you are one of those people, or otherwise
interested, please subscribe:

Thanks.

== Administrivia ==

Now, ye gods know that I am the last person to lead a discussion on the
buildsystem.  That is what you all are for.  I am going to act as a
facilitator[1] in the discussion, to see if we can get to:

* Consensus
* Actions
* In time for Fedora 10

The folks involved in writing and maintaining the Fedora buildsystem
have asked the Fedora Board to help facilitate a discussion and
resolution.  The job here isn't to make technical decisions for the
Fedora community, but to help the community get past whatever hurdles we
have to get to a technical solution.  If something needs an
authoritative decision body to be involved, that body is most likely
FESCo.

- Karsten

[1] facilitator tasks include fire ring builder, firestarter, and
shoveler
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41