Re: Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Izhar Firdaus wrote:
2008/4/24 Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com>:
 Actually, this is not true.  I added it to my PATH for years since starting
on RHL-4.  But at some point in using Fedora, I stopped because  I gave up
on the hassle of adding a custom PATH to /etc/profile.d/ every time I
installed a new box.  Additionally, I now have more shell accounts on boxes
that I only drop into once in a while when something's wrong that I've
learned to accept the constant annoyance of not having .*/sbin in my PATH.

i put 'export PATH="$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin"' in my ~/.bashrc ...
reinstall, whatever, nothing changes as long as i keep my home folder
..

Err.. "every time I installed a new box."

(another trick of mine .. a rpm, eg: mycustomizations.rpm to save time
for certain stuff outside the home folder)

And "I now have more shell accounts on boxes that I only drop into once in a while"

-Toshio