Freeze policy for F9 fixes [was Re: FC9 and NetworkManager]

Hans Ulrich Niedermann hun at n-dimensional.de
Tue Apr 29 18:07:56 UTC 2008

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Below is a list of the 246 packages in dist-f9 that have a newer version
> in f9-final - i.e. these builds aren't currently going to make it into
> F9 final.
>
> It's worth checking that you've had everything tagged that should be
> tagged.

That sounds essential for packages to be shipped on CD or DVD.

For all packages which are NOT shipped on CD or DVD, however, I can't
see much difference whether the user's yum downloads the required rpm
files from the "fedora" repository or the "fedora-updates" repository.

So, for my non-CD/DVD packages, I don't need to care much about whether
a certain package update makes it into f9-final or not, right?

>        ndim      xorg-x11-drv-radeonhd-1.2.1-1.fc9
[ My affected package ]

--
Hans Ulrich Niedermann