clex 3.18 failing on PPC

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Apr 29 23:18:17 UTC 2008

Hello

    Kairo Araújo - whom I have sponsored - has tried to update the
package "clex" to version 3.18
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=585648 ).
Unfortunately build for PPC (and only for PPC) fails in koji, as can be
seen at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=585651 (this
happens both in rawhide and F9). The build log ends with

checking dependency style of gcc...
gcc3
checking for library containing stdscr...
no
configure: error: CLEX requires NCURSES package

The same configure script on PPC64 gives:

checking dependency style of gcc...
gcc3
checking for library containing stdscr...
-lncurses

(and builds successfully, unsurprisingly)
    ncurses-devel in an explicit BR and according to
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=585651&name=root.log
it has been installed in the buildroot.
    Since neither Kairo nor I have access to PPC based machines, could
someone give us a hand, please ?