Monodevelop and video card recommedations

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Apr 30 16:24:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 14:19:22 +0000,
  Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> WARNING: Stay clear of anything with a higher number than X1050, those are R5xx
> or R6xx series cards and not supported by Free 3D drivers yet. You have been
> warned.

There actually is some limited support for those cards. I have an rv530 based
card at work and it works for normal stuff. glxgears doesn't run very fast
on it so, at least some stuff isn't supported yet. While the original poster
might not want one if he needs 3D now, it might make sense for other people
who just need it to be usable now and are willing to wait for 3D support
to show up later.