Re: Multilib Middle-Ground

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 19:28 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> >  >  The right way to approach this I think is to target specific third
> >  >  party applications which we want to work out of the box.  Say for
> >  >  example, Flash and VMWare Workstation.  Surely there are others, but I
> >  >  think we can arrive at a reasonably sane set.  We then add these
> >  >  packages to the default install image.
> >
> >  Would you include the following in your "sane" set?
>
> I don't know - what deps do they need?
>
> The top of the list though is the deps such that Adobe Flash works out
> of the box.  On i386 this would ensure we pull in libflashsupport.  On
> x86_64 we'd also need to pull in 32 bit libpulseaudio and some other
> things, I believe?

Well what should happen is flash is pulled from Adobe's own repo, and
since they're pulling from a repo anyway, yum should do what its
designed to do and pull in all the i386 deps flash needs in the same
transaction. There's no need for it to be in the default install or on
the install media, as far as flash is concerned.