RFC: Firefox general.autoScroll to true

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Aug 3 11:20:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 06:23:29PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 18:17:32 +0200, Mark wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Then that's for Fedora specific because that's not the case in Ubuntu.
> > > But that behavior you described is as irritating as hell so the RFC
> > > still stands.
> >
> > o btw with this RFC it still pastes the content from the clipboard but
> > only when you middle click on the address bar
>
> The three-button mice are no longer manufactured and trying to click with the
> scrolling wheel is a pain as it usually scrolls away instead of the past by
> mistake as I still failed to disable the scrolling in F-9 (Bug 446818).
>
> While the middle-button pasting was a great convenience it should be
> reconsidered nowadays as the hardware for it is no longer commonly available.

Are you mad? It is unexpected for people coming from Windows or Mac, but as
soon as they understand it and get used to it, they love "copy on select" and
"paste with middle button" :)

Ok, at least all people I know who migrated from Windows/Mac to a
GNU/Linux box (Fedora or otherwise).

Rui

--
You are what you see.
Today is Setting Orange, the 69th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?