Re: Fedora 9 on ASUS EeePC 900

Jos Vos wrote:
Hi,

I'm investigating the issues that I can expect when I want to install
Fedora 9 on an ASUS EeePC 900.

I found some references, mainly referring to Fedora 8 and the EeePC 701,
and I found the Fedora Wiki page <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EeePc>,
that lists various issues.

Will the wired Ethernet still not work for installing F9, for example?

I have a kernel available for the ASUS EeePC 701 and 900. It supports all hardware, including wifi (ath5k). It should work fine with fedora 9 systems.

See:
http://www.freeeee.org/i386/RPMS.FREEEEE/

Latest as of this email:
http://www.freeeee.org/i386/RPMS.FREEEEE/kernel-libre-2.6.25.14-106.1.freeeee.i686.rpm