Proposed new feature: Provers

Vasile Gaburici vgaburici at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 21:41:01 UTC 2008

"Provers" is a bit narrow. Maybe use "theorem proving tools" so we can
include Coq, which Fedora already ships, in the category? For the
uninformed: Coq is only a proof assistant. Also add zenon to the
category, since Fedora already includes it as well.

Btw, make sure that HOL works; the authors love to complain that all
Linux distros ship it broken!
<from their web page>
Warning: Pre-packaged versions of Isabelle, Proof General, and Poly/ML
floating through the Net as deb, rpm, port etc. are often outdated and
rarely work as advertized. Even XEmacs is better compiled manually
these days -- the packages provided for SuSE, Ubuntu, and Debian are
mostly broken.
</duh>