vacation page in the wiki

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 14:20:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 16:09 +0400, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:

> Writing a policy with keeping in mind only one "model of a volunteer" (a
> casual student?) is not so good. Perhaps the amount of care of
> volunteers should be increased a little, as well as an understanding of
> who a volunteer might actually be and what around him.

The non-responsive maintainer policy is already very generous with time
allowed to have somebody respond to an issue.  I didn't say fix, just
respond.  Proper use of co-maintainers or joining a SIG that involves
your package can greatly help with this.

While we certainly do have to consider the type of volunteers we get,
volunteers also need to consider what it is Fedora is trying to provide
to it's users, and should be willing to meet the requirements of
participating in the project.  If they can't, that's fine, there are
many other ways to participate than just packaging, and we'd be more
than happy to have them elsewhere.  Packaging certainly requires a
higher level of commitment.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!