Re: Revert curl change made for flash

On (12/08/08 08:25), Josh Boyer wrote:
> I'd like to formally request that this curl change be reverted:
>
> * Mon Aug 11 2008 Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa redhat com> 7.18.2-4
> - make miniature library for libcurl.so.3
>
> Due to the fact that it was simply made to accommodate proprietary
> software, as described in this blog entry:
>
> http://wtogami.livejournal.com/27778.html
>
> There are at least a dozen other proprietary applications that could
> "benefit" from making similar changes to other packages, and we
> certainly wouldn't make those changes for them.  Flash should be no
> different.
>
> josh

The change just provides some backward compatibility. It's minimal.
I really think it's not important why the change was made. Since it
doesn't break anything and it doesn't waste disk space. It may be
useful for some dead opensource projects that use the older version.

If we remove everything that helps prop stuff work we should
remove libflashsupport and a bunch of other stuff.

--
NV