Re: Interested in Fedora on Smaller Machines?

Jeremy Katz wrote:
Smaller form-factor machines such as the Asus eeePC have gotten a fair
bit of the tech press spotlight of late.  Have you bought one with the
idea of running Fedora on it?  Or have you thought about doing so?

I've done a few different draft images for the Asus EeePC model 900 that can be put on a USB pen drive then booted and optionally installed. I used livecd-tools to build them.

Gnome Image (600M):
http://www.freeeee.org/images/FREEEEE-200808080001.ext2

Text only (199M):
http://www.freeeee.org/images/FREEEEE-minimal-200808102048.ext2

Minimal GUI openbox (300M):
http://www.freeeee.org/images/FREEEEE-200808080001.ext2

I've done a number of other images floating around as well, and I have a super rad one waiting in the wings hahaha.

These are based on BLAG 90k which is based on Fedora 9. The kernel (-libre + -rt) supports all hardware on the EeePC 701/900 using *only* free software. This includes wifi with the ath5k driver. It is based on -libre and -rt plus various other patches.

If you are interested in this I can keep you updated when I do new images (like every few days right now).

-Jeff