Re: Interested in Fedora on Smaller Machines?

Conrad Meyer wrote:
Quoth jeff:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
Smaller form-factor machines such as the Asus eeePC have gotten a fair
bit of the tech press spotlight of late.  Have you bought one with the
idea of running Fedora on it?  Or have you thought about doing so?
I've done a few different draft images for the Asus EeePC model 900 that can
put on a USB pen drive then booted and optionally installed. I used livecd-tools to build them.

Gnome Image (600M):

Text only (199M):

Minimal GUI openbox (300M):

I've done a number of other images floating around as well, and I have a
rad one waiting in the wings hahaha.

These are based on BLAG 90k which is based on Fedora 9. The kernel (-libre + -rt) supports all hardware on the EeePC 701/900 using *only* free software. This includes wifi with the ath5k driver. It is based on -libre and -rt plus various other patches.

If you are interested in this I can keep you updated when I do new images
every few days right now).

Perhaps you meant to post different links for the Openbox and GNOME images? They look the same to me.

Whoops, you're right, thx.

Openbox (iirc!)