Re: Interested in Fedora on Smaller Machines?

jeff wrote:

The Eee 901 and 1000 use a different wifi chip. I haven't seen anything support it other than this from ralink:

There is a small blob in there, but it doesn't appear to actually get loaded so it may not be needed. I haven't heard of any patches for this heading upstream yet.

I have a EEEPC 901. Mostly using it for thin client development where it is proving to be extremely useful, but it would be nice to get 100% Fedora running on this in portable mode.

There is some discussion here of some patch to make it build and work on Fedora.

I hear vague mention that somebody is working on something to get this chipset supported upstream but I have no idea where or who.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com