Re: Problem enabling new language on gdm language selection list

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:

> What gdm does it is only shows a language in the list if a) we have
> translations for it and b) we have fonts for it. For b), we basically
> ask fontconfig "do you have fonts for this language ?". It seems that
> fontconfig says "no" if it doesn't know the language. It would be better
> if fontconfig could say "I don't know" in that case...

Apart from these three conditions, even if fontconfig knows the
language, is it necessary that fcfreetype.c has MAC language code
defined for that language, in order to list it in gdm?

When I tried adding .orth file, the "fc-list fontname lang" listed the
appropriate language, but still it did not appear in gdm list until,
the definitions were made in fcfreetype.c and ttnameid.h.

Rahul.