Re: Important infrastructure announcement

Dnia 2008-08-15, o godz. 13:35:46 Danny Yee <danny anatomy usyd edu au>
napisaƂ(a):

> Uh oh.  This sounds very much like there's been a security breach
> on infrastructure systems, which may have compromised packages or
> even repositories.
>
> I've disabled automatic installation of updates for the moment;
> I'm sure what else we can do.
Actually, I think thousands of users are downloading at least the metadata
because there was no clear way of disabling PackageKit on update. And the
metadata, in theory, can exploit a bug in yum, all out of sight of users.

That's what you get when you force users to download things in the background
for them. Told ya!

Lam