system autodeath

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 15:43:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 18:38 +0300, Vasile Gaburici wrote:
> You're probably unaware (because you haven't read my emails to this
> list) that with the 2008 edition TeXLive changed their packaging
> system significantly. They now allow incremental upgades of their
> packages.

You may be unaware of how long it takes to legally audit TeXLive before
we can let it into Fedora. Last time, the number of things which were
not kosher were in the double digits.

With all the other fires that I've had to put out lately, I haven't had
time to even start on TeXLive 2008, which is the primary roadblock to
inclusion in F10.

~spot