Re: system autodeath

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:39:16AM -0400, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> On philosophical grounds, I'm against forcing people forward, even for
> their own good...  /encouraging/ them forward is a much better idea.

It's not for their good. It's for *our* good as distribution developers and
as network citizens.

And it's part of our responsibility: we're putting powerful software into
their hands and then not providing security updates for it for very long at
all. Turning off network access before they all become part of a gigantic
botnet is the right thing to do.