cannot cvs tag (permission denied)

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 25 11:30:04 UTC 2008

[...]

NB> OK, I uploaded a new RSA key.  I still get the same thing:
NB>  cvs -t tag -c mercurial-1_0_2-1_fc10
-> main loop with CVSROOT=:ext:nbecker at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/pkgs
-> Starting server: ssh -l nbecker cvs.fedoraproject.org cvs server
NB> Permission denied (publickey).  cvs [tag aborted]: end of file
NB> from server (consult above messages if any)

It can take up to an hour or more (in my case it was at least 1.5
hours) before the servers update with the new keys.  I ended up coming
back after several hours and it all worked after that.

Alex