libgnutls-openssl and real openssl conflict

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 13:01:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 07:50:20AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> That bug list doesn't demonstrate much success in the 'port everything
> to NSS' plan. A handful fixed, 140 bugs being more or less ignored, and
> another 50 marked CLOSED -> WONTFIX/NOTABUG. And that's not even counting
> the packages that are missing from that list - for example I see that
> libvirt, qemu, kvm, xen, and gtk-vnc are absent from that list, yet all
> are using either OpenSSL, or GNU TLS or both.

+1.

What you forgot to mention is that the NSS API is weird crack.  GnuTLS
comes with loads of examples in the documentation which actually makes
it easy(-ish) to use.  Imagine that :-)

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 64 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)