Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2008-FEB-04

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 05:02:53 UTC 2008

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-feb-04

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Alpha ==
  * Tuesday the bit gets flipped
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/9/AlphaTreeTesting is the test
status page

== Reversing the netapp streams ==
  * scheduled for today--we're working on pushing it back after the alpha
  * change setup so that the content we generate in PHX can be put on a
netapp in PHX
    * instead of rsynced to RDU to be put on a netapp in RDU, and then
mirrored by netapp back out to PHX
  * this will result in shorter times between compose and visible to the
world for things like rawhide and updates
  * may delay the rawhide/updates for a bit

== gcc 4.3 ==
  * gcc4.3 is in the buildroots for dist-f9 now, and some fallout has
happened, namely kernel.
  * striving to complete a mass rebuild before beta release

== perl-5.10.0 ==
  * Feature page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Perl510
  * 300 perl dependent packages as a sample set
    * these packages were the base for which virtually all of the other
perl dependent packages depend on
    * out of those 300 about 60 more to build
    * once complete the plan is to merge the new perl and the rebuilt
bits into rawhide
  * Fedora is the place where perl-5.10 was really first tested/used and
the development ground for getting all the upstreams ported to the new perl

== IRC Transcript ==