feature process should require release notes/docs

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 07:23:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 16:40 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 22:29:07 +0000
> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > By all means revoke features which don't have docs written at time of
> > release, but making it a requirement for initial approval is going to
> > discourage submission of features., Or it'll force me to just make up
> > some random garbage for docs to get past the approval process, and then
> > re-write them again once the work is actually done.
>
> Odd.  That's not how I read the proposal, but I agree with what you are
> saying.  Documentation should probably be required before release, but
> probably not before being approved.  There should be a

> That adds another step in the Feature process to go back and re-review
> everything to make sure it has docs though.  Hrm..

Agreed.  I wouldn't call docs a requirement for initial approval.  It is
more that the wiki page needs to be complete by the time of release.

Knowing that there has to be content by the end should (hopefully) keep
a feature owner communicating with the release notes team; for example,
so a place can be held for the content (and translation.)

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org