Packaging: name changes?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 6 09:13:38 UTC 2008

Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Um, I'm somewhat confused.  How would I go about designing a package for
> KDE3 that would compile in both F8 and devel?  The package names have
> changed...

Please don't BR kdelibs-devel or kdebase-devel (at least not in the current
transition period), instead BR kdelibs3-devel/kdebase3-devel for KDE 3 or
kdelibs4-devel/kdebase4-devel (or kdebase-workspace-devel if that's what the
package needs, kdebase has been split) for KDE 4. The kdelibs/kdebase packages
have the appropriate Provides to make this work.

        Kevin Kofler