Re: request: can somebody please port googleearth-package to fedora?

Christopher Brown wrote:
On 07/02/2008, Douglas McClendon <dmc fedora filteredperception org> wrote:
I've been meaning to do this myself for a long time, but I've just got a
lot of other higher priorities.  I don't suppose I could implore someone
else into doing the work for me?  Shouldn't be real hard.

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to append a teeny little kickstart
postscript, and then end up with a livecd or system that has GE
installed for all users?

It doesn't have an open source license so can't be included in Fedora
of course. Which makes it OT for this list IMO.

I suspect this is a point you understand, but for the sake of clarity I'll highlight-

The "googleearth-package" package/.deb/[theoretical .rpm], absolutely DOES have an open source license.

What the _tool_ that it _provides_, does, is to generate a non-open-source rpm from a simple commandline invocation and network access.

Please, it's fine if you don't want to be the one to do this, but from a legal and open-source perspective, I think that googleearth-package*.[s]rpm belongs in fedora just as much as the current .deb belongs in debian.