Orphaning Packages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:09:25 UTC 2008

Jerry James wrote:
>>> Might be, but just log into admin.fp.org/pkgdb, find the package, and Take
>>> Ownership for each active branch, once orphaned.
>> Although in the case of wesnoth and gramps, it appears that Mr. Togami and
>> Mr. Ollie have preceded us. :)
>
> I knew Jeffrey Ollie was taking ownership of gramps.  He asked for
> comaintainers.  I'm willing, I'm just not sure what that entails
> PackageDB-wise.  I presume that I push the "Add myself to package"
> button on each active branch, but then what?  Check all of the boxes?
> Are the meanings of the checkboxes documented somewhere?

They're not documented to my knowledge.  Here's their meanings:

watchbugzilla: You'll be put on the initialCC list for new bugs
watchcommits: You will receive an email when someone commits to this branch.
commit: You have access to commit to the package in cvs
approveacls: You can approve and deny the any of these acls for other
people.

All together, these are the possible actions that the owner of a package
has.

-Toshio