Any possibility of getting this software installer coded and in fedora (9 or 10)?

James Antill james at fedoraproject.com
Mon Feb 11 21:42:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 16:20 -0500, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 02/11/2008 03:51 PM, Mark wrote:
>   > Well.. i personally think that programs that need to be fast (package
> > management needs that in my opinion) can't be written in python simply
> > because it's not the fastest language if you go for performance.
>
> For what it's worth, PackageKit, its yum backend, and its GNOME frontend
> are written in C.

 I think you mean the backend is written in C _and_ python, which is not
quite the same thing. Roughly (AIUI) it's:

 vanilla yum

python    python
app    => yum API

 PK yum

C      C           C      C        python        python
app => PK libs => dbus => PK BE => BE helpers => yum API

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.com>
Fedora