Massrebuilds for GCC 4.3 coming soon to a buildsystem near you!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 21:57:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:02:00 -0500
Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've posted the list at http://jkeating.fedorapeople.org/need43 and
> either tonight or tomorrow I'll be setting up a cron job to keep this
> list updated once an hour or so (depending on how much it hurts koji,
> as there are a lot of queries).
>
> Maintainers are invited to rebuild now, to lower the number of
> packages that will get a scripted rebuild by releng later.
>
> We're also still discussing a way to allow maintainers to opt-out of
> an autorebuild.

Over the last couple days I've made a few improvements to the script.

A) Skip noarch builds that were imported into koji from Extras/FC6.
B) Include a timestamp at the top (UTC ISO format)
C) Support a blacklist.

It's this last item that I bring to your attention now.  The current
list on my fedorapeople page is accurate as of the time stamp.  If you
wish to have us blacklist one or more of your packages, please mail
rel-eng at fedoraproject.org with your request and we'll add it to the
blacklist.  (see
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=releng;a=blob;f=scripts/need-rebuild-gcc43.py;hb=HEAD#l12 )  Future runs of the script will take your request into account remove them from the posted list.

We do ask that you provide some reasoning as to why you wish to
blacklist your build.

Cheers!

--
Jesse Keating