Orphaning packages: athcool, gajim, htop, hunky-fonts, inotify-tools, python-sqlite2, qps, yakuake

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 19 00:41:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:56:45 -0700
kevin at scrye.com (Kevin Fenzi) wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:46:43 +0100
> gajownik at gmail.com (Dawid Gajownik) wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > 	Sorry, I have to orphan these packages:
> > * hunky-fonts -- Modified Bitstream Vera fonts with additional
> > letters
>
> I can take on hunky-fonts if no one else wants them...

I exchanged some email with Upstream and talked with Nicholas from the
Fonts sig, and it looks like this package should just be end of lifed.

It was created before there were good alternatives for some locales,
and with Dejavu and the like it's not really needed anymore. Upstream
has no plans to update it anytime either.

Unless someone yells loudly, I am going to end of life it in the next
few days.

kevin