Incompatible Unison update (and solution?)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:11:50 UTC 2008

Stephen Warren wrote:
> So, I'm a Fedora packager. I can look into packaging the old Unison
> version alongside the bleeding-edge version. I imagine (hope) it'd be as
> simple as pulling the old .spec file from CVS and renaming the package.

It could be but probably isn't.  When installing an old version we want
the packages to be parallel installable.  With something like unison,
this is easy to show -- I have my laptop which I need to keep synced
with my computer at work and computer at home.  Those two computers have
different versions of unison installed.  Therefore my laptop needs to
have both of those versions.

Taking a brief glance at the unison spec file it looks like you can just
rename most files from unison* to unison2.13* but I haven't looked
inside the source files to see that this is the only necessary change.

-Toshio