Auto rebuild release bump issue

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 10:32:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:15:16 +0000 (UTC), Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
> > Most the jpp packages I looked at seemed fine.  Which ones didn't get
> > bumped right?
>
> They all got bumped to m+1jpp.something instead of mjpp.n+1.

This is supported in cvs now.

According to the Wiki, the numbering scheme seems to be

  Xjpp.Y%{?dist}

where Y is to be bumped and X is the original jpackage release.

$ bumpspecfile.py jpackage-utils.spec
-2jpp.9%{?dist}
+2jpp.10%{?dist}

Also added in cvs is a fallback, where a release string that doesn't
match at all is tried to be bumped at the very right, and if that
is not possible, ".1" is appended.