Missing dependency for a non-existing package

Lamont Peterson lamont at lamontpeterson.org
Mon Feb 25 03:27:42 UTC 2008

All,

I've attached the output from my simple "yum update" command.  This has been
pestering me for over a week now.

It seems that device-mapper-devel >= 1.02.02-3 is needed by package
e2fsprogs-devel, but there is no such package as device-mapper-devel i nthe
repos.

I need e2fsprogs-devel at the end of a chain of things from kdevelop ->
kdelibs-devel -> krb5-devel -> e2fsprogs-devel (I've also asked why
e2fsprogs-devel is providing libs, but I haven't had a response from the
maintainer, yet).

I've tried to --exclude e2fsprogs-devel, e2fsprogs etc, but it wont exclude
it, they keep getting pulled back in.  Besides, this seem to me to be an
obviously broken dep in the repo, anyway.

Suggestions?
Lamont Peterson <lamont at lamontpeterson.org
[ http://lamontpeterson.org/ ]
GPG Key fingerprint: C51E DD83 B03F D147 A974  939C 5D13 289C 17F1 FFBE