system-* tools' ui independence

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:00:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora at camperquake.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>

>  On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:44:55 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
>
>  > Since FC6 everything Should Work™ even without any
>  > /etc/X11/xorg.conf whatsoever.
>
>  Should I file a bug if it does not? My X60s does not work without one.

The KVM switch in my server room seems to block autodetection of the
mouse and monitor (the keyboard is a vanilla PC105; I bet if it was
some multimedia keyboard that it would also be configured
incorrectly).  I have to explicitly configure the mouse and monitor in
xorg.conf.  I consider that an unfortunate property of my hardware,
rather than a software bug.  Should I think otherwise?
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/