Cannot upgrade from Rel 7 to Rel 8

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Jan 2 11:17:14 UTC 2008

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     Last week I tried to upgrade from Rel. 7 to Rel. 8. System got stuck
while checking for dependencies. Progress bar goes almost to 100%
and then freezes there (+12 hours). As the box is relatively well
configured (Intel Core Duo, 2GBytes RAM) and as I don't have
problems with Rel. 7, I guess it must be a scalability problem with
the dependency checking in Rel. 8.

>     If someone had the same problem and was able to fix it, please
suggestions (other than simply reinstalling everything) will be
really welcome.

The Fedora Unity Re-Spin at http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins will fix
this.

Mount the original DVD somewhere, and use:

jigdo-lite --scan /mount/point/of/original/dvd \
http://jigdo.fedoraunity.org/templates/20071218/Fedora-Unity-20071218-8.jigdo

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip