Another selinux rant

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 17:07:37 UTC 2008

Ed Swierk wrote:
> People who already know about SELinux can of course just learn to type
> ls -l --lcontext, but showing the extra information by default would
> at least give clueless users like me a hint that files have these
> extra attributes that might somehow be relevant to those strange
> openvpn failures. IMHO this would be the single best usability
> improvement to SELinux

Re SELinux usability issues:

We wrote the setroubleshoot package precisely to help SELinux novice
users so they wouldn't suffer with hidden obscure failures of the type
which have frustrated you. If it had been installed you would have
received notifications in real time on your desktop describing the
failure and suggestions on how to fix it.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>