Another selinux rant

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Fri Jan 4 19:44:24 UTC 2008

On 1/4/08, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:
> You have two options for receiving the alerts from the headless server.
> You can either run the gui on a machine with a head and point it at the
> headless server (requires modifying the config file to use TCP rather
> than the default Unix domain sockets).
>
> [truncated]

I appreciate your taking the time to explain setroubleshoot but
anything that involves configuring daemons and email addresses is a
usability hurdle in itself.

If the mysterious audit log messages can't be made clearer, then can't
we have a simple command-line tool to translate a message into a
friendlier form?

--Ed