I'm mellllttttttinggg!!! (kernel 2.6.24-0.133.rc6.git8.fc9)

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Jan 5 13:55:55 UTC 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008 08:46:27 Matthew Miller wrote:
> This doesn't seem to happen with kernel-2.6.24-0.83.rc5.fc9, which I had
> installed before the break. Oh, it gets hot, but more like 95C°. Processor
> is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ but I'm running in 32-bit mode.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I have a Phenom processor and it reads 40C no matter what. When I had a
Brisbane processor in the same mb, it was correct. Rebooting and going into
the BIOS shows the correct temperature. But

# cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature

is dead wrong. Not quite the same problem, but if its not able to get the
temperature right, it may not be doing other power/thermal policy things
right.

-Steve